Moving to another jurisdiction

Last updated: February 7, 2022 

On this page: 

If you're moving to another province or country to teach, you should:

Ensure your B.C. certificate is up-to-date

Maintain your certificate: pay the annual practice fee. This way, you won't need to apply for a new certificate if you want to teach in B.C. again.

Get a Statement of Professional Standing

This is a letter from the Ministry of Education and Child Care that confirms the standing of your certification in B.C.

Get certified in your new location

Apply for a teaching certificate from the education authority for the location where you'd like to teach.