Financial Management Certificate Program
The Financial Management Certificate Program (FMCP) is administered and sponsored by the Office of the Comptroller General and supported by the Learning Centre.
The program provides a course of studies for government employees that
- Provides training in the government system of financial management and control
- Encourages and recognizes upgrading of professional accounting qualifications
- Establishes a recognized paraprofessional standard for junior and intermediate financial and audit officer positions
The FMCP is for highly motivated, career-oriented employees presently performing, or interested in performing, financial management or auditing duties in government.
It is specifically designed for those employees following or planning to enrol in a program of studies leading to a professional accounting designation granted by the Certified Management Accountants Society (CMA) or the Certified General Accountants Association (CGA).
- Promoting Ethics in the BC Public Service
- Business Case Planning
- FM 120: BC Government Planning Fundamentals
- FM 121: BC Government Budgeting Fundamentals
- FM 130: BC Government Financial Control Fundamentals
- FM 131: BC Government Revenue, Expense and Asset Management Fundamentals
- FM 201: Financial Management
- FM 210: Governance in Practice
- FM 220: Planning and Budgeting Applications
- FM 230: Applying Financial Controls, Control Frameworks and Systems
- FM 310: Enhancing Organizational Governance
For more about the program, and to register, see the Financial Management Certificate Program.