Fuel Tax Refund for Persons with Disabilities

When you purchase fuel in B.C., you pay fuel tax. If you have a qualifying disability, the fuel tax refund program allows you to request a refund of the provincial motor fuel tax you paid in B.C. on fuel you used in a vehicle you own or lease.

If you qualify, you’re eligible for a fuel tax refund of up to $500 each calendar year.

To request a refund you need to:

  1. Register for the program
  2. Receive a confirmation letter
  3. Keep your fuel receipts
  4. Apply for a refund