Mobile Response Team
The mental, emotional, spiritual and social impacts of the overdose crisis are felt across the province. First responders, frontline workers, and people with first-hand experience of substance use are all impacted.
The Provincial Overdose Mobile Response Team (MRT) was set up with support of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions to offer psychosocial support, education and training to organizations and agencies working within the overdose crisis.
What does the Mobile Response Team do?
- Conducts outreach throughout the province and liaises with all health authorities and their contracted agencies
- Provides immediate, short term psychosocial support to:
- Build skills and capacity
- Enhance individual resiliency
- Provide space for grief and loss
- Offer supportive strategies for living with trauma
- Help communities recover and adapt through accountability and action
- Delivers critical incident stress management models to develop peer support programs and tools
- Support is provided provincially by team members with diverse backgrounds and skills.
All services are confidential.
Contact the Mobile Response team at MRT@phsa.ca or 1-888-686-3022 for more information.