Definitions: Mineral & Placer Titles
- For ore of metal, or a natural substance that can be mined, that is in the place or position in which it was originally formed or deposited or is in talus rock.
- Production is limited to a maximum of 1,000 tonnes of ore per unit per year or 10,000 tonne bulk sample as permitted in the regulations.
- Annual production that exceeds the levels for a mineral claim requires a mineral lease.
- For ore of metal and every natural substance that can be mined and that is either loose, or found in fragmentary or broken rock that is not talus rock and occurs in loose earth, gravel and sand.
- For placer cell and legacy claims, production is limited to 20,000 cubic metres of pay dirt per claim.
- Annual production that exceeds the levels for a placer claim requires a placer lease.