Leases: Coal Titles
Information for coal clients on how to submit their coal lease application, Once issued, what to expect for rental payment and a coal lease term extension.
An application for a coal lease must be accompanied by the following:
- Application form
- Application Fee
- 1st year rental, per hectare
- Plan of operations as per Section 17 of the Coal Act
A lease is valid for the term requested by the applicant, but it is not to exceed 30 years from the date of its issue. If you comply during the term of the lease with every provision of the Coal Act, you may apply for/request an extension of the lease for a term that does not exceed 15 years from the date the extension is issued.
An application must be submitted before the term of the current lease expires, and must be accompanied by all of the following:
- the application fee, if prescribed;
- a prescribed rent in respect of the location;
- the information or data the minister requires to evaluate the application.
For more information, refer to section 19 of the Coal Act.