AgriService BC Webinars
AgriService BC's webinars help you keep up to date on current issues, overcome challenges, and achieve your business and production goals. Connect and get answers directly from topic experts as well as other audience members on topics ranging from farming practices to agribusiness, succession planning, risk management and marketing.
Attend from your desk or mobile device. If you are unable to attend a live session, access video recordings of past webinars from the list of Webinars on Demand.
Upcoming Live Webinars
AgriService BC webinars are broadcast live on Wednesdays at 3 PM Pacific Standard Time (P.S.T.). Register for upcoming webinars today and mark your calendar. The line-up of new webinars is updated regularly, so check back often to see what's new!
Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL, what is it and how can you become involved?
- Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Time: 3 PM P.S.T.
- Presenter: Solveig McLaren, Marketing Consultant, Ministry of Agriculture
- Description: May is Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL month. The Ministry of Agriculture and the BC Restaurant and Food Services Association (BCRFA) are launching this new campaign designed to increase the amount of BC grown and produced food and beverages in local restaurants and food services establishments. Join Solveig McLaren, a Ministry of Agriculture Marketing Consultant, as she describes the program and how you can get involved.
Webinars on Demand
Latest Recorded Webinar:
Maintaining the Safety of Fresh produce by Monitoring the Quality of Irrigation Water
- Recorded: April 18, 2018
- Time: 3 PM P.S.T.
- Justin Falardeau, PhD Researcher, UBC Land and Food Systems
- Dr. Siyun Wang, Research Supervisor, UBC Land and Food Systems
- Elsie Friesen, Food Safety and Education Specialist, Ministry of Agriculture
- Description: An introduction to best practices and sampling techniques to maintain the safety of fresh produce and monitor the microbial quality of agriculture surface water.
Land Based Aquaculture Opportunities for New Entrants
- Recorded: March 21, 2018
- Presenter: Myron Roth, Ph.D., P.Ag., Industry Specialist – Aquaculture & Seafood, B.C. Ministry of Agriculture
- Overview: This webinar provides an overview of design, permitting and financial considerations for small scale land-based fish farms
New and Emerging Pests - Army Worm & Western Corn Rootworm
- Recorded: February 21, 2018
- Presenter: Tracy Hueppelsheuser, Entomologist, B.C. Ministry of Agriculture
- Overview: Learn about two new pests to B.C. and what can be done to monitor and control them.
Groundwater Licensing - What You Need to Know
- Recorded: January 17, 2018.
- Overview: Join FrontCounter BC to learn about Water Sustainability Act, how to apply for your agricultural groundwater licence, and important deadlines.