Employee Accessibility Advisory Council
This toolkit is in Alpha stage and is currently under development. If you have any feedback or suggestions, complete our feedback form.
Estimated read time: 30 seconds
The Employee Accessibility Advisory Council (EAAC) formed following a disability consultation in 2014. The council is a cross-government initiative founded by the Public Service Agency (PSA) and Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (SDPR).
Who we are
We're public servants that are passionate about accessibility and inclusion! Co-chaired by the PSA and SDPR, members include public servants with and without disabilities.
What we do
- Educate and raise awareness
- Publish blog posts on @Work (needs IDIR login)
- Develop resources on accessibility
- Give advice on cross-government projects
- Lead presentations on accessibility and inclusion
- Help address barriers employees with disabilities may face in the public service
- Provide information and recommendations on accessibility in the public service. Including how to hire, retain, and promote employees with disabilities