Innovation and partnerships are critical for the long-term sustainability of B.C.’s health care system. The B.C. Ministry of Health and its partners are working to advance new and effective ideas to support a sustainable and innovative health care system. A system-wide approach will improve both clinical and administrative practices to better meet the needs of patients and providers.
Innovative approaches will be needed to support the health and wellness of all in British Columbia at both an individual and population level. The Ministry has established an innovation intake process to consider new innovations and approaches for additional supports and possible spread within B.C's health authorities.
Do you have an innovative approach that could improve the health system?
Innovation is central to the improvement of the health system. The Ministry of Health is committed to harnessing the knowledge and expertise of those working in the health system to develop innovative solutions. We welcome your ideas.
When deciding whether to submit an intake form, please consider the following:
- How does your innovation align with the Ministry’s mandate?
- How will your innovation benefit the health system?
- Do you have support for your innovation from a health system stakeholder (e.g., the health authority, clinician)?
- Is this innovation evidence and data-driven? What evidence/research supports your innovation?
- Must have a BCeID, HAID or IDIR.
Please Contact Us to learn more about the process and to request an intake form. Innovation ideas submitted will be reviewed by Ministry staff who will be in touch within 15 business days.