Jobs, work experience and training for young people
The StrongerBC Future Leaders Program is creating career development and work experience opportunities in natural resource management and technology sectors targeted for young people aged 18 to 29.
Last updated: April 30, 2021
On this page:
Explore a career caring for B.C.'s natural resources
Seasonal, short-term and long-term opportunities are available throughout the province. Many roles may lead to permanent jobs. Get virtual training and hands-on work experience with:
- BC Parks
- BC Wildfire Service
- Conservation Officer Service
- Natural Resource Operations
- Recreation Sites and Trails
Check out job postings and wages for these positions and other entry-level positions with the B.C. government.
Work opportunities for students
Mitacs offers funding and resources to help students find internships and fellowships or explore work opportunities abroad.
Get a micro certificate in data analysis
The Junior Data Analyst Program is a 15-week training program available for people 17 to 30 years old who are under-represented or face barriers to getting training or employment. The program also helps graduates find a technology position.
- Apply to the Junior Data Analyst Program
- Get a project overview from the Canadian Tech Talent Accelerator
Start your tech career by taking a training program offered by Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster. Programs include:
- Autonomous Systems Technician – telecommunication skills training
- Athena Pathways – training for women interested in a career in artificial intelligence
- HyperTalent – focusing on K-12 educators and connecting with Indigenous youth
- Design for Startups – connecting designers with tech startups
Workplace skills training
Take a program that will help you get the skills and support you need to find a job and succeed in the workplace.
Clean Coast, Clean Waters Initiative
The Clean Coast, Clean Waters Initiative is focused on shoreline and marine debris clean-up projects. Available entry-level positions include:
- Clean-up crew member
- Community educator
Innovator Skills Initiative
The Innovator Skills Initiative offers businesses funding to hire students to fill a business or tech role. Applicants who have completed certified training are eligible.
The program will begin later this year.