Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant
The Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant provides fully funded grants to hospitality and fitness businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021 Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders.
Last updated: April 16, 2021
On this page:
- How the grant works
- Determine your eligibility
- Available funding
- What you need to apply
- Submit your application
- Translated content
Grants of $1,000 to $10,000 are available to hospitality and fitness businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021 PHO orders on gatherings and events and liquor and food serving premises.
Grants are available until June 4, 2021 or until funds are fully expended, whichever comes first.
All hospitality and fitness businesses that partially or fully closed to comply with the March 30, 2021 PHO orders are eligible. Examples include:
- Restaurants, pubs and bars
- Coffee shops, cafes and cafeterias
- Lounges and nightclubs
- Breweries, wineries and tasting rooms
- Pilates and yoga (Hatha) studios
- Barre studios
- Gyms offering indoor low intensity group exercise classes
A business must have been in operation as of February 1, 2021.
Before applying, we recommend you review the orders to confirm your business is eligible:
Grants are fully funded and do not have to be paid back. The grant amount is based on number of B.C. employees or contracted staff.
You can use the grant for expenses like:
- Rent and utilities
- Cost of perishable food loss
|Number of B.C. employees or contracted staff||Grant amount|
|1 to 4||$2,000|
|5 to 99||$5,000|
When you apply, you'll be asked to confirm:
- Your business was impacted by the March 30, 2021 PHO orders
- You are registered as a B.C. business
- You can demonstrate majority ownership and operations in B.C.
- You pay taxes in B.C.
Upload required documentation
To verify your business information, you must upload one of the following documents:
- 2019 or 2020 income tax notice of assessment
- Business licence
- Liquor licence
- Insurance policy
- Lease agreement
Apply for the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant.
If you need help, including language translation and interpretation support email CircuitBreakerReliefGrant@gov.bc.ca.
- 临时防疫措施商业纾困补助金 (PDF, 340KB)
- 臨時防疫措施商業紓困補助金 (PDF, 370KB)
- ਸਰਕਟ ਬ੍ਰੇਕਰ ਬਿਜ਼ਨਸ ਰੀਲੀਫ ਗ੍ਰਾਂਟ (PDF, 159KB)
- Subvention « coupe-circuit » (PDF, 224KB)
- منحة Circuit Breaker لإغاثة الأعمال التجارية (PDF, 229KB)
- کمک هزینه مشاغل (PDF, 182KB)
- सर्कट ब्रेकर बिज़नेस रिलीफ़ ग्रांट (PDF, 168KB)
- 서킷브레이커 비즈니스 구제금 (PDF, 290KB)
- Subvención de ayuda a las empresas debido al confinamiento de duración determinada (PDF, 211KB)
- Gawad sa Kaluwagan sa Paglunas sa Paligid ng Negosyo (PDF, 186KB)
- Khoản Cứu trợ Doanh nghiệp do Cắt đứt Chuỗi lây nhiễm (PDF, 315KB)
- サーキットブレーカー企業救済助成金プログラム (PDF, 212KB)