Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant

The Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant provides fully funded grants to hospitality and fitness businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021 Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders.

Last updated: April 16, 2021

On this page:

How the grant works

Grants of $1,000 to $10,000 are available to hospitality and fitness businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021 PHO orders on gatherings and events and liquor and food serving premises.

Grants are available until June 4, 2021 or until funds are fully expended, whichever comes first.

Determine your eligibility

All hospitality and fitness businesses that partially or fully closed to comply with the March 30, 2021 PHO orders are eligible. Examples include:

Hospitality businesses

  • Restaurants, pubs and bars
  • Coffee shops, cafes and cafeterias
  • Lounges and nightclubs
  • Breweries, wineries and tasting rooms

Fitness businesses

  • Pilates and yoga (Hatha) studios
  • Barre studios
  • Gyms offering indoor low intensity group exercise classes

A business must have been in operation as of February 1, 2021.

Before applying, we recommend you review the orders to confirm your business is eligible:

Available funding

Grants are fully funded and do not have to be paid back. The grant amount is based on number of B.C. employees or contracted staff.

You can use the grant for expenses like:

  • Rent and utilities
  • Insurance
  • Maintenance
  • Cost of perishable food loss
Number of B.C. employees or contracted staff Grant amount 
None $1,000
1 to 4 $2,000
5 to 99 $5,000
100+ $10,000

What you need to apply

When you apply, you'll be asked to confirm:

  • Your business was impacted by the March 30, 2021 PHO orders
  • You are registered as a B.C. business
  • You can demonstrate majority ownership and operations in B.C.
  • You pay taxes in B.C.

Upload required documentation

To verify your business information, you must upload one of the following documents:

  • 2019 or 2020 income tax notice of assessment
  • Business licence
  • Liquor licence
  • Insurance policy
  • Lease agreement

Submit your application

Apply for the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant.

If you need help, including language translation and interpretation support email

Submit your application

Translated content