Safety, health and well-being
Last updated: May 27, 2021
Employee health and safety are essential to a strong BC Public Service. Learn how to create and maintain a safe work environment and explore resources to help you increase your overall health and well-being.
Supervisors may access Early Intervention and Return to Work eLearning Series courses related to supporting employees who have an illness or injury to stay at work or return to work as soon as possible after a period of illness or injury.
If you require immediate assistance with an emergency, call 911 and see Urgent Support and Reporting.
Your health and safety are essential to a strong BC Public Service.
See Workplace Safety for information about:
- Critical incident response and reporting
- Emergency planning
- Working alone
- First aid
- Working with hazardous materials
- Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees
- Domestic violence in the workplace
- Safety roles and responsibilities
See Health and Well-being for information about:
- flu vaccination clinics
- financial planning
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- support to quit smoking
- family and mental health counselling
- substance use disorder programs
You can always contact AskMyHR if you have unanswered questions.