Apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit
Review the COVID-19 Information page for family and child care provider updates.
Apply online using My Family Services
Submit your application all at once, or save it and finish later. After you apply, you can log in to review messages about the status of your application. It takes approximately ten business days to process electronic applications.
You will need to complete a form with your child care provider to submit along with your application.
Reminder: Apply for funding before the end of the month in which you need child care. For example, if you would like to receive funding for child care starting September 1, you need to apply by September 30.
You will be asked to:
Provide the name, birth date and gender for you, your spouse (if applicable) and your children
Upload digital images of one of the following pieces of government-issued identification for each family member:
- Birth certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Driver's licence
- BC Services Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
If you are a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection, please provide a copy of any letter, document or certificate from the Canadian government that confirms your status in Canada.
If your family has two parents, both you and your spouse will have parts of the application to complete. You will need to provide your spouse’s email address – please make sure it’s an email address they regularly use.
Once you submit your part of the application, your spouse will be emailed a code they can use to log in to My Family Services with a BCeID. They will be asked to provide personal information and consent to have their income confirmed directly with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Be prepared to provide information or documents that describe your personal situation.
In the case where a document is needed, you can upload a scanned image or photo of it. Make sure your documents are clear, and that important information is visible.
Information to support your reasons for needing child care
Working or self-employed
- Your work schedule with days and hours scheduled to work
Looking for work
- A journal of activities related to looking for a job
Living with a medical condition that interferes with your ability to care for your child
- Student Loan Notice of Assessment or school acceptance letter/registration
- Your school timetable with the days and hours you are scheduled to attend
Participating in an employment program
- A copy of your registration in the employment program or Single Parent Employment Initiative action plan
- Your program schedule with the days and hours you are scheduled to attend
Note: A reason for care is not required if your child is attending a licensed preschool, or if you have been referred by a Ministry of Children and Family Development or Delegated Aboriginal Agency social worker.
Documents for children with special needs
If you have a child with a designated special need, you will need to provide one of the following:
- Special Needs Supplement Form (CF2951) (PDF)
- Proof that you receive the federal Child Disability Benefit
Note: Application delays are commonly due to missing required forms, supporting documentation, or information. Before filing, ensure you have included:
- ID for members of the family
- Child Care Arrangement form
- Medical Condition form
- Consent to Collect CRA Records form (this consent is required through MyFamilyServices, but may be missing with physical applications)
- School or work schedules.
Desktop or laptop
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
iPhone or iPad: Safari
Android phone or tablet: Google Chrome
Apply by mail or fax
You can also submit your application and supporting documents by mail or fax. This method can take three weeks, or longer if not all supporting documents are provided.
Child Care Service Centre
PO Box 9953 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9R3
Include a cover page
1 877 544-0699