BC Data Catalogue Technical Resources
Access technical resources to help you explore, access and use data in the BC Data Catalogue.
Using the BC Data Catalogue API
The BC Data Catalogue is built with open source data portal software called CKAN. Some users may prefer to use the API to manage their content in the BC Data Catalogue, while others may prefer to use the application itself.
- Learn more about the BC Data Catalogue API
- Learn how to manage metadata records and resources using the API
B.C. Geographic Warehouse
The B.C. Geographic Warehouse (BCGW) is a central government repository of spatial and non-spatial data that Government, industry and the public uses to make decisions.
The data includes base mapping information, such as
- Heights of land
- Place name and administrative boundaries
- Government program information, such as:
- Forest cover
- Economic and health indicators
- Learn about the B.C. Geographic Warehouse
- Learn about the B.C. Geographic Warehouse standards and guidelines
Web Based Mapping Tools
Visualize and analyze the wealth of B.C. geographic information from the BC Data Catalogue using a variety of web-based map tools and map services.
Tips and Tricks