Agriculture & Seafood Programs
Growing our economy is a key focus of the B.C. government. We have a goal of building B.C. agriculture revenue from over $13 billion currently to $15 billion a year by 2020. The government of British Columbia offers support, guidance, and funding to B.C.’s agriculture and seafood industries.
Market Development & Trade
Market development and trade programs aim to create and expand market-based opportunities and provide the knowledge and tools for businesses to compete at home and abroad.
- B.C. Agrifood & Seafood Export Program
- Buy Local Program
- Grow Local Program
- Market Development Preparedness Program
- Market Intelligence & Advisory Services
- Domestic Marketing
- International Marketing
- Workshops & Seminars
Innovation programs aim to transform ideas into new and sustainable solutions for the sector.
Food Safety & Traceability
Food safety and traceability programs provide education and awareness of food safety practices, as well as activities to identify and analyze new and emerging food safety hazards.
- On-Farm Food Safety & Traceability Program
- Post-Farm Food Safety & Traceability Program
- Food Safety Outreach & Hazards
- Traceability Speaker Funding
- Premises ID
- Biosecurity & Surveillance
Insurance & Income Protection
Agricultural producers can protect their business against severe market volatility and disaster situations situations through the B.C. government’s Business Risk Management programs.
- Agriculture Income Protection
- Production Insurance
- Crop Loss & Damage Due to Wildlife
- Livestock Price Insurance
Environmental programs are available to support sustainable agriculture practices.
- Greenhouse Carbon Tax Relief Grant
- Environmental Farm Plan Program
- Beneficial Management Practices Program
- Environmental Health and Programs
- Environmental Emergencies Planning Program
Business planning programs are available to support agricultural producers to increase profitability and effectively manage their business.