Century Farm and Ranch Awards
The Century Farm Awards honour pioneers whose farm, ranch or agricultural organization have been active in B.C. for 100 years.
Award Criteria and Categories
The following are eligible for awards:
- A farm or ranch business with a minimum of two hectares (five acres) that is owned by the immediate descendants of the original owners and operated as a farm business or ranch business at all times
- A farm business or ranch business that has been owned and operated by the same family for 100 years or more and/or
- whose owners do not now live on it or operate it. (i.e. leased or rented)
- have moved from one location to another, and remained active
- An Institute, Industry Association, etc. that has been active for the past 100 years or more
Award winners will receive a sign presented by the Minister (or Minister delegate) at no charge from the B.C. government. Recipients of a Century Farm Award do not need to re-apply to obtain a new sign. If a replacement sign is required, a formal request should be made through the contact information below. New signs may be ordered at a cost of approximately $200, which will be equally cost-shared between the Province and the recipient.
Applicants are responsible for all research and supporting documentation. A written history of family ownership must be provided. The application will not be processed without documentation. Members of the public can apply for, or nominate a recipient, by filling out the following form:
All nominations are kept on file. If the nominated farm is a couple of years short of meeting the qualifications the nomination will be retained until the award can be given.
Submit your completed application/nomination form, along with copies of supporting documentation via post or e-mail to:
Ministry of Agriculture
2nd Floor, 441 Columbia Street