Child care savings
To help families with the rising cost of living, B.C. is lowering child care fees.
On this page:
Families can save up to $900 per month on licensed child care costs.
- Infant and toddler care (under 36 months): save up to $900 a month
- Aged 3 years to kindergarten: save up to $545 a month
- Half-day preschool: save up to $95 a month
- Kindergarten: save up to $320 a month
- Grade 1 to age 12 (before- and after-school care): save up to $145 a month
- These savings are automatic and families do not need to apply
- 96% of eligible, licensed child care spaces in B.C. receive these savings
- Talk to your child care provider for more details
Learn more about the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative.
Some families can benefit from more than one savings program. The total savings your family can receive is based on factors like income, family size, age of children and type of care.
Fee reduction initiative
The Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative lowers the cost of child care for families. Families do not need to apply.
Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative Estimator
Affordable Child Care Benefit
Families with a pre-tax income of up to $111,000 are eligible to apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit.
$10 a Day ChildCareBC Centres
Families who attend $10 a Day ChildCareBC Centres pay no more than $200 a month per child for child care. Providers must apply to be part of this program. Families do not need to apply.
Young Parent Program
Parents under the age of 25 may qualify for help to pay for child care while they finish high school by applying to the Young Parent Program.
Phone the Child Care Service Centre if you need guidance applying for a savings program, have questions about care in your community or need help finding a child care space.
Call: 1-888-338-6622 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Translators are available in more than 140 languages, including:
You can also get help in-person at: