BC Geographic Warehouse
The Integrated Cadastral Fabric will be retired in fall 2024 as ParcelMap BC is now the authoritative source of B.C. cadastral data. Changes to ParcelMap BC Owner Types values have changed to support the transition. Learn more about the updates.
The BC Geographic Warehouse (BCGW) is a central government repository of spatial and non-spatial data. DataBC supports Ministries to publish data in the BC Geographic Warehouse, enabling increased access to data to support data integration, sharing and exchange, analysis and decision-making.
Data currently available in the BC Geographic Warehouse includes themes such as: Administrative Boundaries, Basemapping, Cadastre, Crown Lands, Cultural, Ecology, Economic, Environmental, Fisheries, Forestry, Imagery, Natural Resource Operations and Planning, Mining, Parks, Soils, Water, and Wildlife.
Benefits of publishing data in BCGW
The BCGW supports Data Custodians to make their data widely accessible with less cost and headache. It also provides access to use the data. The benefits of publishing data in BCGW are:
- Easier user access because of a standard security model
- Structures, integrates and packages data to better suit users’ needs
- Offers a standard user interface and set of familiar tools
- Allows easier viewing and integration with other BCGW data
How to get started
Follow these steps to publish new data in BCGW:
- You should have the contact information for staff who will create/maintain the dataset(s)
- Determine if your data will be published under BC’s Open Data License
- Complete the Dataset Model spreadsheet
- If publishing as open data:
- Complete the Open Data Assessment and Checklist
- Receive approval from your Ministry Information Security Officer
Open a ticket to publish new data