Agriculture Water Demand Model
The Agricultural Water Demand Model for the Okanagan Basin was developed to provide current and future agriculture water demands for the Okanagan Basin.
The intent of the model is to help fulfil the province’s commitment under the Living Water Strategy to reserve water for agricultural lands.
The model calculates water use on a property by property basis and sums each property to obtain a total for the entire basin or sub-basins. Crop, irrigation system type, soils and climate data are used to calculate the water demand.
Project reports are available for the following areas in the province of British Columbia. Reports for other areas of the province are in progress and will be posted as they are completed.
- Agriculture Water Demand Model Factsheet - revised Sept 2015 (PDF)
- Report for Capital Regional District November 2019 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Report for Salt Spring Island December 2017 (PDF, 5.5 MB)
- Report for the Regional District of Central Kootenay June 2017 (PDF, 5.9 MB)
- Report for the City of Kamloops May 2016 (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Report for the Fraser Valley Feb 2015 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Report for the Comox Valley Regional District Dec 2014 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Report for the Bonaparte Watershed Oct 2013 (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Report for the Kettle Watershed Oct 2013 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Report for the Nicola Watershed Oct 2013 (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Report for the Similkameen Watershed Oct 2013 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Report for Metro Vancouver June 2013 (PDF, 7.9 MB)
- Report for the Cowichan Valley Regional District June 2013 (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Report for the Regional District of Nanaimo May 2013 (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Report for the North Thompson May 2013 (PDF, 4.0 MB)
- Report for the Okanagan Basin Feb 2010 (PDF, 9.0 MB)