Hunting in B.C.
Electronic-based resident hunting licences are coming in Spring 2017.
Need help using the BC Hunting online system? See our quick reference guide and videos.
The Fall 2017 LEH Draw is not yet open. Opening date for Fall 2017 LEH applications will be posted here mid-April.
The Spring 2017 LEH Draw has been run.
You can check your results online at www.gov.bc.ca/hunting, or visit a Service BC or FrontCounter BC location.
Hunting provides British Columbians an opportunity to get out into British Columbia’s world-renowned backcountry and enjoy the natural wonders of our province.
Resident hunters should be familiar with B.C. hunting laws and regulations.
As of April 2016, B.C. resident hunters now need a Fish & Wildlife ID (FWID) to apply for Limited Entry Hunting or to buy a hunting licence.
The FWID replaces the old B.C. resident Hunter Number card. There is no cost to obtain one. Your FWID is linked to your personal online profile, which can be updated at any time. If you have forgotten your Hunter Number or FWID, contact a FrontCounter BC agent for assistance.
To hunt in B.C. as a Resident you need a FWID with active resident and hunting credentials. These credentials provide proof that you are qualified to hunt in the province as a resident. Hunters can apply for their FWID and required credentials using the new online service or at a Service BC or FrontCounter BC location.
Hunting licences are currently not available online and can only be purchased at Service BC locations and participating local hunting and sporting goods stores. Please continue to monitor www.gov.bc.ca/hunting for news and updates about hunting services.
Limited Entry Hunting
You can apply for Limited Entry Hunting in a number of ways:
- Photo ID
- Hunter Number (or FWID)
- Your hunt codes
Apply with the BC Hunting online system. You will need:
- A Basic or Personal BceID. Register for your BCeID.
- Your Hunter Number or your Fish and Wildlife ID.
- A credit card for online payment.
- Hunt codes. These are listed in the LEH Regulations Synopsis (PDF, 11.7MB), or you can view them online when you apply.
If you do not have a Hunter Number, you can apply for your FWID and hunting credentials online or at Service BC or FrontCounter BC. You need a FWID before you can apply for LEH.
Need help with the BC Hunting online system?
Learn more about:
- Limited Entry Hunting applications
- Group/Shared hunts
- Fish & Wildlife ID
- B.C. resident hunting credentials
- Access your profile using your Hunter Number or FWID (PDF)
- How to create a new profile – NEW HUNTERS ONLY (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Update your Fish & Wildlife profile (PDF)
- Submit an Individual or Special Sheep LEH application (PDF, 1MB)
- Join an existing Group/Shared LEH Hunt (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Create a Group/Shared LEH Hunt (PDF, 1.6MB)
- How to Void an LEH application (PDF)