Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)
The Special Mountain Sheep Resident Draw for a 2018 Hunt is open for applications from June 22, 2017 until 11:59 pm on July 28, 2017.
The 2017 Fall Limited Entry Hunting Draw has been run.
2017 Fall Limited Entry Hunting Special Instructions:
If your Limited Entry Hunting application was successful, make sure you read the special instructions applicable to your authorization:
- Grizzly Bear Information Package
- Bison Information Package
- Moose Information Package for Management Units 7-29, 7-37, 7-38, 7-39, 7-40, 7-41
- Moose Information Package for Management Units 5-04 Zone A, 5-04 Zone B and 5-05
- Mountain Goat Information Package for Management Unit 4-16 Zone B
- Mountain Goat Information Package for Management Unit 5-04 Zone B
- Mountain Goat Information Package for Management Unit 5-04 Zone E, F, H, or J
- Sheep Information Package for Region 8
- Mule Deer Information Package for Management Units 5-04 and 5-05
The Province’s Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) system is now online. To apply for a draw, review the status of your application, or find draw results, sign in to the BC Hunting online service. You can also apply for LEH at any Service BC, FrontCounter BC or participating vendor location.
Limited Entry Hunting provides hunting opportunities created through a random draw. Participation in the draw is available to any resident of B.C. with a valid FWID and resident hunting credentials.
Limited Entry Hunting helps the Province achieve wildlife management objectives without resorting to such measures as shortening seasons or completely closing areas. LEH is only introduced where it has become necessary to limit the number of hunters, of animals that may be taken, or the harvest of a certain species or sub-species.
LEH draws are random. The previous year's odds are published beside each hunt to give an indication of the likelihood of a successful application, but this is not a guarantee of success.
Successful applicants have their chances reduced in subsequent draws in order to improve the chances of those who have been unsuccessful.
For further details about LEH in British Columbia:
- How Limited Entry Hunting Works (PDF, 197KB)
- Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis 2017–2018 (PDF, 10.4MB)
- Important information about LEH online applications
- Applying for Group/Shared hunts
- If you receive an LEH authorization, please review the appropriate zone map
Tentative Authorizations for 2017 Spring Grizzly Bear and Skeena Mountain Sheep
The tentative number of authorizations for the spring grizzly bear and Skeena Region sheep are now available. Tentative numbers have also been uploaded to the online LEH application system.