Every ministry and Crown corporation has a dedicated records officer to provide expert advice on all aspects of records management. Records officers and their teams provide information management direction and support to a portfolio of client ministries and agencies.
Team services include:
- Client advisory
- Guidance in establishing and maintaining recordkeeping systems
- Working with clients to identify records management requirements and establish priorities
- Assisting with Operational Records Classification System (ORCS) implementation
- Supporting TRIM implementation
- Providing advice on more complex off-site storage transfers and approval of destruction applications
- Linking clients with other specialized services provided by Government Records Service (GRS) as needed
Advisory services are also provided to designated broader public sector (BPS) agencies by the BPS client relations specialist.