The BC Public Service is divided into ministries. Each ministry is responsible for a specific area of public policy, government function or service delivery.
Ministries may be reorganized and renamed from time to time by the current government to better reflect the needs of the province and the citizens in the province that vote in an election.
- Aboriginal Relations & Reconciliation
- Advanced Education
- Children & Family Development
- Community, Sport & Cultural Development (responsible for TransLink)
- Energy & Mines (responsible for Core Review)
- Forests, Lands & Natural Resource Operations
- International Trade (responsible for Asia Pacific Strategy & Multiculturalism)
- Jobs, Tourism & Skills Training (responsible for labour)
- Natural Gas Development (responsible for Housing)
- Small Business, Red Tape Reduction (responsible for the Liquor Distribution Branch)
- Social Development & Social Innovation
- Technology, Innovation & Citizens' Services
- Transportation & Infrastructure