Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are a critical part of the Provincial Employees Community Services Fund (PECSF) corporate giving program. The time and talents of PECSF's BC public service volunteers are a huge part of the success of the annual awareness campaign and program overall. Making this kind of commitment is rewarding!
Register now for PECSF Volunteer training through the Learning Centre.
- Put your public service values into action, and make a real difference in your community
- Challenge yourself, develop your skills, and show that you can lead—looks great on your MyPerformance Profile or resume!
- Network! You'll make new friends and meet people from all areas of the provincial government
- Have fun—there are many roles and ways that you can contribute. It's not all bake sales and 50/50 draws—there's something for everyone
Are you interested in becoming a PECSF volunteer? You will be committing to
- Volunteering during the September to November awareness campaign
- At least two hours of PECSF volunteer training, either in person or virtually
- Attending the campaign kick-off event in your region (where applicable)
- Get your supervisor’s approval
- Check in with your office PECSF team or lead coordinator
- Register for PECSF volunteer training through the Learning Centre
- Contact PECSF HQ to ask any questions and sign up to receive volunteer/campaign news updates
Each ministry designs its own campaign action plan and what dates the awareness campaign will run between September and November. Please check out the volunteer position descriptions to find the right match for your interests and skills.
You've got a lot to offer as a volunteer and PECSF will give you all the tools and resources you need to be successful in your role. All volunteers are required to attend annual training which you can register for through the Learning Centre. The training covers a variety of topics including campaign basics, effective canvassing, event planning, communications and leadership development.