The jury selection process (also called a jury panel) happens at the courthouse listed on your jury summons.
What to bring:
- The top portion of your summons document
- Picture ID
- Get yourself to the courthouse – travel expenses like cab or bus fare are not reimbursed
- When you arrive at the courthouse, follow directions / signs to the area where you can sign in with the sheriff
- The sheriff will explain where to go and what to do
- The selection process will begin in the courtroom and can take anywhere from half a day to a full day
- The judge may ask some people to return the following month for a second jury selection
What if I Don’t Attend?
Everyone summoned for jury duty must attend jury selection at the courthouse location for the date and time indicated on the summons – unless they are exempt or disqualified in advance. Anyone who does not attend without valid exemption or disqualification may be subject to a fine set by the court.