Greenhouse Carbon Tax Relief Grant
Since 2012 the B.C. government has provided carbon tax relief to B.C. commercial vegetable, floriculture, wholesale nursery and forest seedling greenhouses. The Greenhouse Carbon Tax Relief Grant (GCTRG) covers 80 per cent of the carbon tax paid on natural gas and propane used for greenhouse heating and C02 production.
To qualify to receive a 2016 GCTRG, a person must meet all of the following. Please note there are several requirements for the 2016 applications:
- Be an eligible greenhouse operator
- Learn more about the program
- Complete and submit the 2016 Carbon Tax Survey
- Contact your fuel provider and obtain a 1 page annual fuel usage summary:
- Fortis BC (download consumption history in Account Online)
- Cascadia Energy (Register to view account details)
- Access Energy (Contact Information and Login for one single bill)
- Direct Energy (Request an annual fuel summary)
5. Complete the 3 sections, scan and email the:
6. Scan and submit the annual summary or natural gas/propane invoices.
7. If a completed survey has not been received by the Ministry of Agriculture by April 29, 2016, your 2016 application will be deemed “incomplete” and will not be processed.
A complete application consists of:
- 3 parts of the application complete
- Annual fuel summary or fuel invoices
- Complete and submit the 2016 online survey
It is the responsibility of the Applicant to become familiar with the application process and ensure their application addresses all requirements, in addition to ensuring a complete application and online survey is submitted.
Applications or supporting material such as the survey, fuel invoices or annual summary of fuel usage received after the April 29, 2016 deadline will be deemed "ineligible".