Standards for Staffed Residential Services
These standards are mandatory for individuals and organizations contracted by the Ministry of Children and Family Development to provide residential services to children and teens in:
- Staffed residential facilities, or
- Foster homes that employ more than one full-time employee
Service providers interested in providing residential services should search for opportunities for Ministry of Children and Family Development on BC Bid®. Service providers may also sign up for e-Service to receive e-mail notifications when new opportunities are posted.
The standards ensure consistent, high quality services for children and youth who live in these care settings.
- Standards for Staffed Children's Residential Services (PDF)
- Caregiver Support Standard 21 (PDF)
- Standards for Foster Homes (PDF)
Standard Price Structure
Estimating the cost of staffed residential contracts is more consistent and transparent using a standard price structure.
- Standard Price Structure Guide (PDF)
- Staffed Residential Model (PDF)
- Cheat Sheet: Develop a budget for staffed residences (PDF)