Terrain Resource Information Management 1:20,000 Base Map
Terrain Resource Information Management (TRIM) provides the base data for the Province of British Columbia. TRIM is a set of three-dimensional digital files that support development and management of land-related information.
The original TRIM program was completed in 1996. Demand for more information on features such as roads, streams and forest openings led to the development of the TRIM II program.
TRIM specifications are used by mapping contractors and partners to provide digital map data for the province.
- Policies & Specifications for TRIM II 1:20,000/1:10,000 (PDF)
- Digital Baseline Mapping at 1:20,000 (PDF)
- Digital Baseline Mapping at 1:5,000/1:2,500 (PDF)
- TRIM Feature Code List (XLS)
- TRIM Updates by Year (PDF)
- User Manual for TRIM Height-of-Land Database (PDF)
Some featured TRIM map data products:
This map grid helps users determine which 1:20,000 TRIM tile to use: