Internal Audit & Advisory Services
The Ministry of Finance's Internal Audit and Advisory Services (IAAS) provides independent and objective assurance and advice to support effective financial management, governance, accountability and performance management practices. IAAS supports the Treasury Board in addressing their responsibility for effective governance and financial management in the government of British Columbia. The branch's assurance and advisory activities are guided by corporate risk assessments, the annual audit plan and audit engagements that assess and provide advice on the operations of ministries, agencies and Crown corporations.
The IAAS covers a wide range of internal audit and consulting services, including
- Performance audits of ministry, agency and Crown corporation programs and functions to help improve efficiency and ensure governance, management and control systems are operating effectively
- Financial management audits that evaluate controls over revenues and expenditures
- Advisory services to assist ministries, agencies and Crown corporations make change by participating in significant initiatives and priorities, helping develop new programs or providing solutions to financial and business issues
- Information technology reviews to address business, privacy and security risks and strengthen the government's overall information management process
- Compliance audits which examine adherence to contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements governing ministries, agencies and Crown corporations
Why Work for Internal Audit & Advisory Services?
Joining IAAS is an opportunity to work on innovative projects across government and gain an understanding of the BC Public Service. You will participate in a variety of projects ranging from assurance regarding the effectiveness of internal controls to comprehensive assessments of program performance and information systems. While building strong business relationships and networks throughout the BC public sector, you'll be part of a high-performance team with experience in both the public and private sectors.
The BC Public Service Offers
- A benefits package and defined pension plan that support employees and their family needs
- A collaborative and engaging team environment
- A workplace that welcomes diversity
- A flexible work environment
- Competitive salaries
- An environment of continual learning and individual development
- An opportunity to build and advance your career in the public service
IT Audit Manager
The IT audit manager reports to the director IM/IT audit and is primarily responsible for leading and performing a wide range of complex and strategic IT audit reviews in major information systems and IT governance areas of the B.C. public sector. They ensure these systems and areas are aligned with generally accepted frameworks and security standards, and are consistent with government business and systems strategic direction.
This role provides challenging opportunities in IT audits and analysis:
- Reviewing, testing and analyzing government's IT infrastructure
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of IT strategies, policies and procedures
- Evaluating the effectiveness of government information systems in supporting business processes
- Reviewing the effectiveness of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
This is an exciting career opportunity for seasoned auditors with solid IT experience seeking a challenging leadership role. For further information about this position, visit BC Public Service - Job Opportunities.
Reporting to the audit director, the audit manager coordinates audit projects and manages sensitive situations in an objective, professional and proficient manner. The audit manager is responsible for assessing major business processes, third party arrangements, governance areas and corporate risks across B.C. public sector.
This key position is also responsible for
- Preparing, reviewing, approving and monitoring work plans
- Performing general audit work as needed
- Understanding and synthesizing potentially complex issues and findings from various project team members
- Providing advice and direction on difficult audit issues
This is an outstanding career opportunity for multifaceted, experienced auditors seeking a challenging leadership role. For further information about this career position, visit BC Public Service - Job Opportunities.