Technician Entry Level Program
Are you a recent graduate from university or a technical college interested in building your career in a technical field? The B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is seeking recent graduates to join us in a variety of positions across British Columbia in our Technician Entry Level Program (TELP).
By joining our ministry, you will be given the chance to build on your strong educational foundation with first-hand work experience. Full-time, permanent employment with us includes a comprehensive training plan designed specifically for each position. As a TELP, you will be assigned a supervisor and mentor who will share their lifetime of experience. You will have access to multiple training and development opportunities, and a wide variety of more traditional benefits, such as a minimum of three weeks annual vacation to start, paid overtime, eligibility for the Pacific Leaders Loan Forgiveness program for B.C. student loans, a comprehensive medical/dental program, flexible work arrangements, relocation expenses and more. The TELP is typically two years in length.
Visit the ministry website to learn more about each type of positions we are recruiting for and the locations around province that you could start your career in.
What We Do
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure delivers a wide range of transportation services to the citizens of British Columbia. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals who enjoy working in teams on unique and challenging projects.
- Capilano Bridge Move - West
- Kiewit - Flatiron General Partnership - First Place - Bridges and Structures
Who We Are
Hear from the recruiting team and other young professionals who began their career in the TELP program and learn more about the positions we are recruiting for across the province.
- Hear from successful TELP and EIT applicants about their application process
- TranBC TELP blogs
- MinistryofTranBC YouTube TELP/EIT Recruitment Playlist
- Rajeeta Bains, District Technician (PDF, 864KB)
- Katie Ward, Area Manager - Roads (PDF, 565KB)
- Josh Rossiter, Senior Project Manager Analyst (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Florian Kund, Area Manager - Roads (PDF, 673KB)
We Are Currently Hiring the Following Positions
- Field Services Engineering Aides (paving/grading)
- Highway Design/Traffic Technician
- Bridge Construction Supervisor
- Area Manager (road or bridge)
- Development Approvals Technician
- Project Management Technician
- District Operations Technician
- Project Administrator - DriveBC
- Utilities Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Project Administrator - Concession Agreements
Potential Work Locations
- 100 Mile House
- Bella Coola
- Burns Lake
- Dawson Creek
- Dease Lake
- Fort Nelson
- Fort St. John
- Grand Forks
- Lac La Hache
- Powell River
- Prince George
- Salmon Arm
- Williams Lake
Why Work for Us?
We estimate that over one-third of our technicians and almost half of our managers could retire in the next five years. Our ministry is known for the excellent quality of our people who have a can-do attitude and produce fantastic results. By hiring passionate and enthusiastic recent graduates into TELP positions, we are making sure we can continue the tradition of excellence that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is known for.