Highway 1 - Lower Lynn Improvements
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Help us focus on what matters most to you.
What's great and where can we improve?
Highway 1 connects Metro Vancouver to the North Shore, the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal and Highway 99. It is a vital local, regional and provincial corridor for people, services and goods. Improvements will address safety, queuing and delays and will help to improve travel times along Highway 1 and the Lower Lynn Interchanges.
The Highway 1 – Lower Lynn Interchanges were designed and built over 50 years ago and are in need of upgrades or replacement. The Mountain Highway/Lynn Creek, Keith Road/Seymour Parkway and Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchanges will be upgraded in four phases.
The estimated total cost for this project is $198 million. Funding for the project is being provided by the Province of B.C. ($76.7 million), Government of Canada ($66.6 million) and the District of North Vancouver ($54.7 million).
- Mountain Highway Interchange: Construction started – completion Summer 2019
- Keith Road/Seymour Parkway Interchange: Construction started - Completion Fall 2021
- Keith Creek Relocation Works - Phase 1 Tree Clearing completed – Phase 2 - Fall 2019
- Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchange: Detailed Design started - completion Summer 2019
- Lynn Creek Connectivity Improvement Project: Construction started - Completion Fall 2021
- Lynn Creek Structures - Pile Driving Completed – Structural Work Ongoing
Safety and mobility benefits for this project:
- Improves traffic flow during peak times, reducing travel times for commuters
- Enables future improvements to Highway 1
- Provides better links between municipalities to support the local economy
- Improves safety and reduces traffic collisions by upgrading design to current engineering standards
- Promotes other modes of transportation through improved pedestrian, cycling and transit facilities
- Provides additional access on and off Highway 1 at the new Mountain Highway Interchange
- Reduces congestion and pressure on Keith Road/Seymour Parkway and Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchanges
- Improves fish and wildlife habitat in the area through environmental rejuvenation and drainage enhancements
Public Engagement and Project Design
Open houses and comment periods were held in January 2016, February 2017 and April 2018. There will be further opportunities to provide input on the Highway 1 – Lower Lynn Improvements throughout the project.