Theme Mobile MenuTopic Mobile Menu

Report Tax Fraud & Crimes

You can anonymously report tax fraud and tax crimes if you know or suspect a person or business isn't complying with the tax laws.

Phone: 1-866-809-6841 (toll-free)
Internet: Report Online


Learn about your payroll obligations.

Corporate Income Tax

For provincial income tax information for businesses and corporations, see the corporate income tax page under the Business section.

Useful Contacts

Contact the Canada Revenue Agency with your questions about income tax or for assistance in completing your income tax return. 

(toll-free in Canada)

Personal Income Tax

If you were a B.C. resident on the last day of the tax year or you earned income in B.C. during the tax year, you may need to file a B.C. provincial income tax return.

The B.C. income tax return is filed as part of your federal income tax return administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Forms to calculate your B.C. income tax are included with the 
T1 Income Tax Return.

Special rules may apply to trusts, bankruptcies, part-year residents, non-residents, tax on split income, taxpayers subject to alternative minimum tax, taxpayers who pay tax in more than one jurisdiction, and credits filed in separate returns.

Source Deductions

Source deductions are income tax deductions made from payments you receive, such as from an employer or pension administrator. You must complete a TD1BC so your employer or pension administrator can calculate the amount of tax to deduct from your payment.