Register to collect PST online through eTaxBC, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can register to collect PST at any time that is convenient for you. The registration process will take approximately 10 to 20 minutes.
Registering online is the quickest way to register and in most cases you can receive your PST number the next business day.
Note: If your online application contains errors, we will have to process it manually. This will delay the time it takes for you to receive your registration number.
If you do not have access to a computer, you can register online at any Service BC Centre using their computers.
You’ll need the following information handy.
- Your federal business number (BN), if you have one - if you don't have one yet, this process will create one for you
- If you have a BN, a copy of an HST return from a filing period before August 2012 to verify information about your business
- Your driver’s licence number or BC ID number, if you are a sole proprietor, or for all partners in a partnership
- Your incorporation number, if your business is incorporated
- Your liquor licence number (for each location), if you sell liquor
- Your motor dealer number, if you sell or lease motor vehicles
- The addresses of all your business locations, if you sell liquor or accommodation
- The amount of your total annual national (Canadian) sales, or the estimated amount if you have been in business less than
- The amount of your anticipated monthly taxable sales/leases
If you’re the owner of a business with multiple locations, you’ll need to decide before you start if you want to register all your locations under one PST account or under separate PST accounts.
If you register all your locations under one account, this means you will have one PST registration number that covers all your locations and you will file one PST return each reporting period.
If you register your locations separately, you will have multiple PST registration numbers and you will file multiple PST returns each reporting period – one for every location you register.
When you’re done with the registration process, you can continue on to enroll for access to eTaxBC where you can file and pay PST and manage your PST accounts online. No more paper forms.