Child & Teen Mental Health
Use the map to find mental health services and intake clinics for children and teens – click on a location to see contact information and a description of services offered.
Talk to someone right away if you’re concerned about the thoughts, feelings or behaviours that you, or someone close to you is having.
Find information and practical tools for parents, caregivers or professionals.
Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services
Sometimes youth with a mental illness can find themselves in the B.C. youth justice system. When this happens medical, psychiatric or psychological expertise is available and sometimes ordered by the court to help with sentencing (called “forensic assessments”). There are also specialized treatment services offered on an outpatient basis.
- Learn more about Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services, Assessment & Treatment
Find More Services
Here are some other suggestions for finding mental health services for your child or teen.
Doctor's office: Talk to your family doctor if you’re concerned about your child's mental health – they may refer you for assessment and/or treatment.
Mental health office/resource centre: Locations that specialize in mental health support for children and teens offer services that include assessment, planning, treatment, consultation and education.
- Contact a Child & Youth Mental Health office
- Contact the Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre
- What to Expect from Child & Youth Mental Health Services (PDF)
- Child & Youth Mental Health Information & Resources Tool Kit (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Guide to Child & Youth Mental Health Services (PDF)
School: Some school districts provide support services and programs to help prevent mental health problems from being a barrier to learning.
- What to Expect from Your Child’s School in Children's Mental Health (PDF)
- FRIENDS program
- Contact your local school district
Hospital: Provides temporary support and short-term stays when children or teens are having difficulty managing at home during an acute psychiatric episode.