Finding a Residential Care Facility
Licensed residential care facilities can be found on the regional health authority inspection websites. Summary results of routine and follow up inspections are available for review.
Inspection reports will NOT:
- Recommend a facility to you;
- Rank or rate facilities against one another;
- Issue a report card that grades facilities;
- Provide personal information about persons in care;
- Provide specific details of the complaint; or
- Provide information about complaints that were not substantiated.
It is important not to make conclusions about the quality of a facility based only on the information contained in the inspection report or the number or type of substantiated complaints. Before making a decision about a facility, take time to make sure you have enough information by, conducting additional research, gathering information and asking if you can visit the facility.