Disability Assistance Rate Table
Effective: September 1, 2016
|Transportation Support Allowance|
- All rates are monthly.
- The Transportation Support Allowance can be provided as $52 in cash or as an in-kind bus pass.
- In addition to the support allowance, families receive a monthly payment for each child under 19 years of age. Families receive either:
- a federally administered payment that is comprised of the British Columbia Basic Family Bonus and the National Child Benefit Supplement, which are collectively known as the Family Bonus under the BCEA legislation;
- a top-up amount from the ministry if their Family Bonus payment is less than the Family Bonus top-up supplement rates in the General Supplements rate table or the child is ineligible for the federal payment.
- Families of two or more that include someone on Old Age Security (OAS) are entitled to a maximum shelter rate for the family size.
- Shelter increments continue to increase by an additional $35 for each additional dependant after unit size 7.
- Disability assistance is paid in the month following designation. In cases where designation occurs prior to the individual's 18th birthday, payments begin in the month of the 18th birthday.