Disability Assistance Rate Table
Effective: April 1, 2017
- All rates are monthly.
- The Transportation Support Allowance can be provided as $52 in cash or as an in-kind bus pass.
- *In addition to the support allowance, families may also receive a monthly payment for each child under 19 years of age. For more information, see Child Benefits Top-up Supplement.
- Families of two or more that include someone on Old Age Security (OAS) are entitled to a maximum shelter rate for the family size.
- Shelter increments continue to increase by an additional $35 for each additional dependant after unit size 7.
- Disability assistance is paid in the month following designation. In cases where designation occurs prior to the individual's 18th birthday, payments begin in the month of the 18th birthday.
Updated: July 1, 2017