The following links are Statutes, Regulations and other laws by which Free Miners are to conduct their business:
Government Statutes and Regulations are available from the BC Laws website.
The Mineral Tenure Act (MTA) is the primary statute that authorizes the registration of mineral and placer titles with the Province and provides the policy framework for Mineral Titles administration.
- Amendments to the Mineral Tenure Act - Administrative (TACRD Information Letter 10-15) (PDF)
October 2010: The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources is proceeding with amendments to the Mineral Tenure Act relating to the administration of tenures and the Mineral Titles Online (MTO) process.
- Mineral Tenure Amendment Act, 2004 (Bill 29) (PDF)
Sections 35 and 37 of this Amendment Act are brought into force by BC Reg 288/2006
- Miscellaneous Statutes Amendment Act (Bill 12) (PDF)
Received Royal Assent on March 29, 2007: Sections 44 - 53 apply to the Mineral Tenure Act
- Mineral Definition Modification Regulation
Fossil excluded from the definition of Mineral
- Mineral Title Online Grid Regulation
Mineral Tenure Act Regulation
The Regulation provides the details to give effect to the policy set out in the MTA.
- Mineral Tenure Act Regulation Amendments - effective July 1, 2012:
Amendments to the MTA Regulation addressing concerns around fee structures and exploration work requirements.
- Landowner Notification - OIC 235/2008 (PDF)
Effective June 2, 2008