Building Code Appeal Board Decisions
Board decisions are available online for review. Each decision of the board has a unique number. The higher the number, the more recent the decision.
On this page, learn more about:
- Appeal 1788: Application of Sentence 126.96.36.199.(1), Piping Insulation to a Tankless Water Heater
- Appeal 1787: Occupancy Classification of Building, Article 188.8.131.52.
- Appeal 1786: Pending
- Appeal 1785: Occupancy Classification and Party Wall Construction Requirements for Detached Garages and Detached Garages with Dwelling Units Above, Articles 184.108.40.206., 220.127.116.11. and 18.104.22.168
- Appeal 1784: Fire Resistance Rating for Fire Separations Between Resident Rooms and the Remainder of the Floor Area in a Care Occupancy, Sentences 22.214.171.124(9) and 126.96.36.199(15)
- Appeal 1783: Application of BC Building Code Footing Requirements to Aluminum Patio Canopy (Article 188.8.131.52.)
- Appeal 1782: Definition of Mezzanine, Article 184.108.40.206. of Division A
- Appeal 1781: Application of 220.127.116.11., Limiting Distance and Fire Department Response
- Appeal 1780: Attachment of Wood Shingles Over a Capillary Break, Clause 18.104.22.168.(1)(b) and Sentence 22.214.171.124.(1)
- Appeal 1779: Building Code Application to a Change of Occupancy in an Existing Building, Sentence 126.96.36.199.(1) of Division A
- Appeal 1778: Application of Sentence 188.8.131.52.(2) to Drug and Alcohol Recovery Home
- Appeal 1777: Required Visual Openness of a Mezzanine, Article 3.2.2
- Appeal 1776: Moisture Protection for Interior Finishes, Article 184.108.40.206.
- Appeal 1775: Use of Letters of Assurance for Part 9 Roof Trusses, Article 220.127.116.11. (Division C), Article 18.104.22.168
- Appeal 1774: Exit Through Lobbies
- Appeal 1773: Required Qualifications for Testing Backflow Preventers
- Appeal 1772: Water Treatment Device, Sentence 22.214.171.124.(2) of Book II: Plumbing Systems (BC Plumbing Code)
- Appeal 1771: Cancelled
- Appeal 1770: Accessible Shower Requirement
Decisions Search Tool
Search all decisions - past and current
- The search tool lets you use any keyword to search for relevant decisions - examples of keywords include
- the BCAB decision number, such as 1780 or 1526 or 1368
- a term related to what you’re looking for, such as mezzanine or plumbing or occupancy
- To search exact terms, use "double quotes" around the word or phrase, such as "letters of assurance"
- After doing a search, the results can be further filtered by code edition, code division (A, B or C) or code reference (Parts 1 to 10)
- For example, to limit the search results to just those for the 2012 edition of the building code, click on the ‘2012’ facet - you'll then see a circle with an X through it, indicating the results are now limited to just those for the 2012 code - to remove the facet filter and display all of the original results, click on the circle with the X
- Numerical references in previous codes might be different than today - the search tool uses the code reference number used in the previous codes plus the current code reference
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: July 25, 2016.