Renting, Buying & Selling Strata
Learn more about the renting in stratas; some stratas may have rental restriction bylaws. There are also legal requirements for buying and selling strata property.
Renting in Strata Housing
Learn more on this website about renting in stratas:
- Information for landlords and strata corporations about renting in a strata
- Information for tenants about renting in a strata
- Information about rental restriction bylaws in strata corporations
Buying and Selling Strata Housing
Learn more on this website about buying and selling strata
- A strata corporation is obligated to provide some paperwork for buyers and sellers, while other information must be requested.
- Parking Spaces and Storage Areas may be designated in different ways. How parking spaces and storage lockers are allocated to strata lots can vary.
- New Strata Developments
- First Time Strata Owners
Working with professionals: Having the help of professionals such as realtors, mortgage brokers, home inspectors and lawyers knowledgeable in strata matters will make the process of selling or buying a strata home easier. Professionals can help answer questions and provide reliable information.
The information on this website about strata housing is provided for the user’s convenience as a basic starting point; it is not a substitute for getting legal advice. Learn more about the site’s purpose and limits. The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: June 2015.