BC Palliative Care Benefits - Information for Prescribers
BC Palliative Care benefits are available to BC residents of any age who have reached the end stage of a life-threatening disease or illness and who wish to receive palliative care at home—meaning wherever the person is living, whether in their own home, with family or friends, in a supportive/assisted living residence, or in a hospice unit at a residential care facility (e.g. a community hospice bed that is not covered under PharmaCare Plan B).
Eligible patients receive:
- coverage of medications used in palliative care through the PharmaCare BC Palliative Care Drug Plan, and
- medical supplies and equipment through the local health authority.
Forms and Guides
- BC Palliative Care Benefits Registration Form (HLTH 349) (PDF, 389KB)—Updated October 2015.
- Prescriber Guide (PDF, 1.0MB)—Updated October 2015.
- Palliative Care Drug Plan Formulary (PDF, 385KB)—List of the drugs PharmaCare covers under this plan.
- Patient Information Sheet (PDF, 475KB)—Updated October 2015.
Prescribers can order printed forms, if required, by contacting the Palliative Care Coverage Confirmation Line at the number provided in the Prescriber Guide.