Line by Line Review
- Review the requested record line by line to determine whether a reasonable person would agree that releasing the record would reveal information that is subject to this exception.
- If the detailed review determines that the exception applies to the entire record or a portion of the record, go to Exercise of Discretion unless the exception is mandatory, in which case proceed to Severance.
- If the detailed review determines that none of the requested information may be withheld under this section, then this exception does not apply. If you are unsure, contact the program area.
- Check to see if another exception applies. If so, repeat #2 and 3 above.
- If the information is subject to section 12, 14, 15, 16, and/or 18, consultations with another public body may be necessary. See Procedures in the relevant section for further details.
- Recommend to the head that the record be released, unless another exception applies.