Celebrating Excellence in Transportation
Each year, the Province celebrates organizations that have made outstanding contributions to British Columbia’s transportation system.
In any given year, there are over 100 transportation projects taking place across the province, improving infrastructure and keeping our roads and bridges safe. From design and specialized engineering to excellence in safety innovation and highway maintenance, the Celebrating Excellence Award recognizes contractors and consulting engineers who have made a notable contribution to British Columbia's vast transportation infrastructure.
The awards are hosted annually by the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies of British Columbia and B.C. Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association.
- Deputy Minister’s Contractor of the Year Award
- Deputy Minister’s Consulting Engineers Award
Facts About B.C.'s Transportation System
Our transportation infrastructure is made up of:
- 46,000+ km of highway and side roads
- 2,900 bridges
- 198 weather stations
- 24 coastal ferry routes and 14 inland ferry routes
- 19 international border crossings
- 3 Class-1 railways
- 131 certified and registered airports
- 2,900+ transit buses
- 800 traffic signals
- 360+ webcam locations with over 648 available views