Secondary School Transcripts and Certificates
The Ministry of Education has your documents if you attended a B.C. or Yukon secondary school, and you:
- Graduated after 1985 or
- Completed a grade 12 course after 1986 or
- Attended grade 12 prior to 1974 in the University Entrance or Academic-Technical Program
A graduation certificate, sometimes referred to as a diploma or “Dogwood”, is your official graduation document.
You can order online:
- Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma), if you graduated in British Columbia after 1985
- School Completion Certificate (Evergreen Certificate), if you completed this program
If the Ministry does not have your transcript or certificate, please contact your district office or school of record.
- Transcripts are sent at no charge to both grads and non-grads
- Transcripts are mailed to the student address provided by the school
- Dogwood Diplomas are mailed to school board offices for distribution to students who have met graduation requirements
- Revised transcripts are sent weekly in August and September
Send Your Transcript to Post-Secondary Institutions
If you are in Grade 12, graduating this school year, and applying to post-secondary institutions for fall admission, you may send transcripts to PSIs using the Student Secure Web.
Complete the PSI Selections Form online by accessing the Student Secure Web before July 15th and your final transcript will be sent to these institutions.
You may select both the BC Electronic PSIs and the OUAC, in addition to a maximum of 6 more selections, free of charge. See information below for ordering additional transcripts.
Please note: results from August exams are not available in time for September admission to post-secondary institutions.
Order Additional Transcripts or Certificates - Delivery Time and Fees
Delivery Time and Fees
|Service||Fee (CAD $)||Delivery Time|
|For each additional transcript||$10.00||Orders are processed within 3-6 business days and then shipped by Canada Post standard letter mail service|
|Certificates||$10.00||Orders are processed within 3-6 business days and then shipped by Canada Post standard letter mail service|
Order Without a Credit Card
Your school is responsible for the information shown on your transcript. Please contact your school if your transcript requires correction.
Only B.C. post-secondary institutions (PSI) that receive transcripts electronically and the University of Alberta will automatically receive updated transcripts in August and September.
If you require a corrected transcript sent to any other PSI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduated after 1985, or
- Completed a grade 12 course after 1986, or
- Attended Grade 12 prior to 1974 in the University Entrance or Academic-Technical Program
- Graduated (or would have graduated) between January 1974 and December 1985
- Did not attend Grade 12
- Did not receive your certificate (or diploma) when you graduated
- Attended Grade 12 prior to 1974 and were not in the University Entrance or Academic-Technical Program
- Require a Yukon certificate
Order Without a Credit Card