Kindergarten Information for Teachers
Full Day Kindergarten is a step towards building a strong foundation for lifelong learning – especially since full day learning is associated with improved literacy and numeracy, smoother transitions to Grade 1 and increased graduation rates.
The longer learning day enables teachers to provide more opportunities for learning and success with no change to the current curriculum. The expanded day is play-based and designed to address all areas of child development including: physical, social, emotional, language and cognitive learning.
- Review the Kindergarten program curriculum
- Implement new learning techniques and activities
- Access assessment materials for Kindergarten learning outcomes
- Check out student statistics for the Kindergarten program
Find practical tips and suggestions that are based on current research designed for creating a high quality full day Kindergarten program at your school:
- Full Day Kindergarten Program Guide (PDF, 1.82MB)
- La maternelle à temps plein guide de programme (PDF, 2.10MB)