StrongStart BC facilitators use their passion as an educator to deliver a positive early learning experience for children (aged birth to five) as part of a free drop-in program for families. Their goal is to create an interactive, play-based environment that helps children enjoy learning, develop essential skills and get ready for school.
Facilitators influence, nurture and support our next generation reach its fullest potential by:
- Planning and leading early learning activities and curriculum based on the B.C. Early Learning Framework
- Offering thoughtful and creative play experiences
- Exploring language through story, music and word-play
- Fostering discovery through books, art and manipulatives
- Modelling healthy exercise and food choices
- Encouraging parents and caregivers to participate in activities
- Supporting and facilitating parent/caregiver and child relationships
- Referring and connecting families to community resources
Strong evidence indicates that regular reflection and assessment of educator practice helps ensure program standards are upheld. Use this tool to maintain the high quality of your local StrongStart BC program by reflecting on your practice, sharing insights with other educators and, where needed, implementing improvements.
- Reflecting on Quality: Program Reflection Tool for StrongStart BC programs -Updated February 14 (PDF, 1.50MB)
- Réflexions sur la qualité: Outil de réflexion sur le programme Franc depart C.-B. (PDF)