Competencies describe the behaviours and attributes that you demonstrate when doing your job. Find out how they are used in our hiring process.
Behavioural competencies are essential to performing a job and differentiate average from superior performance.
In the BC Public Service there are three types of competencies:
- Behavioural competencies that apply to all supervisors, managers and staff
- Competencies for strategic leadership positions
- Aboriginal relations behavioural competencies for those working directly and indirectly with Aboriginal people
See below for more information about these competencies:
- Competencies list
- BC Public Service Competencies (PDF, 98KB) - this document includes definitions of each competency
- Competencies for interviews and hiring
- Competencies for strategic leaders
- Aboriginal relations behavioural competencies
- Competencies for hiring managers - how competencies are used in the hiring process in the BC Public Service