Government of B.C.

Property Taxes

When you own, lease or gain an interest in a property (e.g. land, home, etc.) located in B.C. you must pay property taxes.

Annual Property Tax

Each year you own or lease a property or manufactured home in B.C. you must pay annual property taxes.

Property Transfer Tax

When you purchase or gain an interest in property that is registered at the Land Title Office, you're responsible for paying property transfer tax.

Update Your Information

If your address, name or the owners of your property change, you’re responsible for updating your municipality, the province and other offices.

Forms & Publications

Access forms and publications related to property taxes in B.C.

Explore Within

Help Centre

Find answers to frequently asked questions and other information to help you understand the meaning of terms used in property taxes.

Home Owner Grant

The home owner grant reduces the amount of annual property tax you pay for your principal residence.

Find out what you may qualify for as a B.C. resident.

First Nations Property Taxation

First Nations can independently tax or share revenue from real property taxation on reserve land.

Learn more about independent or concurrent property taxation on reserve land.

What's New

Find out what's new with property taxes or subscribe to receive email updates when information changes on our website.

Contact Information

Contact us with your questions about rural property tax, deferring property tax, or property transfer tax.

Telephone: 250 387-0555
Toll free 1 888 355-2700
Share Button