Oil & Gas Royalties and Freehold Production Tax

Royalties or freehold production taxes apply when you produce, process, transport, store, purchase or sell oil or natural gas in B.C.

Useful Contacts

Phone: 1-800-667-1182 (Toll-free)
  250-952-0192 (Victoria)
Fax: 250-952-0191
Email: Oil&GasRoyaltyQuestions

Long-Term Royalty Agreements

Long-term royalty agreements (LTRA) specify the royalty rate a producer owes the Province and the minimum amount of production that must occur each year.

The North Montney Joint Venture Agreement (PDF) is the first LTRA signed in British Columbia.

What’s New

Find out what's new with Oil and Gas Royalties and Freehold Production Taxes or subscribe to receive email updates when changes occur.

Share Button