Specialty Review 2005
The British Columbia Farm Industry Review Board (BCFIRB) conducted a review of specialty production and new entrant programs to ensure the policies and procedures of British Columbia's five supply management marketing boards and commissions support B.C. specialty markets and new farmers.
On September 1, 2005, BCFIRB released its Policy, Analysis, Principles and Directions paper setting down policy principles.
The primary task of this project was development or updating of programs for specialty (including organic) production and marketing as well as programs to assist the entry of new producers. Following the release of BCFIRB's directions, the marketing boards have finalized new or amended Orders to bring their programs into place.
- Specialty Market and New Entrant Submissions: Policy, Analysis, Principles and Directions (PDF) – September 1, 2005
- Cover Letter to Marketing Boards and Commissions (PDF) – September 1, 2005
- Supervisory Directions on Quota Transfer (PDF) – September 2, 2005
- Update on Specialty Review implementation and issues (PDF) – May 30, 2006
- BCFIRB Decision Amending Exemption of Siblings from Quota Transfer Assessment (PDF) – January 26, 2007
- Draft Eligibility Criteria for New Entrant Programs (PDF) – February 16, 2007
- Supervisory Directions on Eligibility Criteria for New Entrant Programs (PDF) – May 3, 2007
- Regulated Marketing Economic Policy (PDF) – 2004 (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries)