The Regulatory Reform Branch, in the Ministry of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, has been leading the Province’s Regulatory Reform Initiative since 2001.
B.C.’s Regulatory Reform Initiative supports our business climate by providing a simple, streamlined regulatory environment for citizens and removes barriers to business to keep B.C.'s economy diverse, strong, and growing.
We want to make it easier and faster for you to deal with government. We support clear, simple regulations without compromising public health, safety, or the environment.
For over a decade, we have been committed to cutting red tape and reducing needless requirements with a focus on:
- improving the quality of legislation, regulations, and associated policies and forms;
- streamlining government processes to save time and money for people, businesses, and government;
- simplifying government forms;
- making government processes easier and faster; and,
- reporting on our progress.
Our end goal is to ensure that every single regulatory requirement in B.C. is necessary, meaningful, and serves a purpose.
For more information and helpful resources see: